Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lives Lived

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have a house full of sick kids, a badly leaking toilet, no money and less than 48 hours til I pack my art into the car and whizz it up the motorway for my first solo show.

Image hosting by Photobucket

You know, I had a specific idea of what my first solo show would be like - fab opening, work I was proud of, loads of mates by my side.... instead it's going to be thrown together, half-finished art, me on my own chucking it at a wall and then shooting back down the motorway. What a weird life it can be.... perhaps I shouldn't have called it Lives Lived, perhaps that was just too much of an invitiation for the gods...

Image hosting by Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger orion713 said...

Sal I hope you had a wonderful opening and congrats on your solo show!!! This work is uber great!

4:44 am  
Blogger katat0nik said...

Sal I wish I could fly over to the UK and be there for you! Good luck with the show - you pulled Dulwich together nicely, and I know this one will be even better:)

I like the attitude on the guy in the first piece, and the lady with the cigarette is really cool too :D

5:40 am  
Blogger ottoblotto said...

Such incredible work! Shows will come and go; the work will always be there, and life is living, at least for now.

1:21 am  
Blogger Francesca said...

Those are outstanding Sal! Best of luck with the show, and everything else you're juggling!

1:00 pm  
Blogger Olga Ziskin said...

Your art is very unique. You trist and exaggerrate facial feautres, yet the people look so real and alive, especially the first one. Congratulations, Sal!

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sal, it will be fab!!! crazy, but fab, and the work is divine!!! (you know, i talk british in my head when i write to you...)

3:12 am  
Blogger Sal said...

lol orange!! I love that - I imagine the little girl (Lyndsey Lohan) in the Parent Trap who pairs both of the twins, one English, one American.

1:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Let me know you are out there...

<< Home